Boire Limited (“Boire”, “we” “us” “our”) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice explains how we use and protect your information when you visit our website https://www.boire.shop or any of our apps (together the ‘Platform’). We are the data controller of the personal information we process.
We aim to explain what personal data we collect from you and the way we use it. We will also explain your rights in relation to the personal data we collect and process, and how we will protect your data.
How we collect your Information
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- browse, interact and use our Platform;
- create an account with us;
- place an order with us and during the order process;
- give us your consent to contact you via email, phone, post or message; or
- contact us directly via email, phone, post or message.
We may also collect information from third party sites such as analytic or advertising platforms.
Types of Information we collect
User data: this is personal data that is provided by you or collected by us when you sign up to an account and use the Platform. This may include information such as your username, login and password, name, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender and address.
Usage data: this may include information such as your interactions with our Platform and services, your search queries, product likes or saved items, past orders, favourite items, number of times purchased, inferences drawn about your preferences based on your usage of the Platform, user content you post on the Platform such as product reviews or communications with our customer service team.
Technical data: this may include information such as mobile device ID when using our Platform, internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type (for website use), time zone setting and location, URL information, operating system and platform and other technology related information about the devices you use to access the Platform. If you use our Platform from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS to identify your precise location.
Purposes for which we will use your Information
- We will only collect personal data about you if there is a reason for doing so, and it is permitted by law. We may process your personal data to:
- manage our relationship with you and provide the services to you;
- fix issues with the services and improve the quality of the services in the future;
- send you information about our services and promotions we may offer in relation to the services, where you have opted in to receive any such information;
- use data analytics to analyse activity on our Platform to help improve the Platform and our services;
- understand the effectiveness of advertising or promotions we offer you;
conduct marketing research to improve the services we are able to offer in the future
conduct business planning and forecasting;
- comply with our legal obligations; and
- prevent fraud and protect and secure the Platform.
When we rely on a legitimate interest as a basis for processing your personal data, we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. Where we received information about you from third parties, we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights). We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Marketing to you
Marketing preferences means our records of what information you would or would not like to receive from us, including if you have opted into or out of any direct marketing. We will use your information to let you know about other products and services that may be of interest to you where you have given your consent and where we have a legitimate interest in doing so. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use strictly necessary cookies if they are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights). We use all other cookies with your consent.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our Platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Platform.
- Functionality cookies: these may be used to recognise you when you return to our Platform. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences
- Analytical/Performance cookies: these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, and to see how visitors move around our Platform when they are using them. This helps us improve the way our Platform works.
- Targeting/Advertising cookies: these cookies record your visit to our Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our Platform and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Social networking cookies: these cookies help us manage our social media, including enabling you to share content and enabling us to understand how you interact with us. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to improve our Platform and services. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. We may also work with advertising networks that gather information about the content on our Platform you visit and on information on other websites and services you visit. This may result in you seeing advertisements through our Platform or our advertisements when you visit other websites and services of third parties. For more information about how to turn this feature off see below
Disabling Cookies. You can set your browser to refuse or disable all or some cookies. If you do this please note some parts of our Platform may become inaccessible to you or may not function properly.
We may need to share your personal data with external third parties. For example, external service providers that we use to help us provide the services. They will have access to your information if it is necessary for them to perform their tasks on our behalf. They are obligated to not disclose or use it for any other purposes. We may share your personal data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support our processing of personal data under this policy.
If our business purchases another business, or is sold or merged with another business, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company or their owners or advisors.
We may also share your information if it is necessary to comply with any legal obligations or regulatory requirements or to protect the rights of Boire or enforce our contractual terms with you.
Transfer of Data
Personal data we collect from you might be processed outside the UK and/or European Economic Area (‘EEA’). We will do our best to ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it as if it were being processed in the EEA.
We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary and will take into account our legal and contractual obligations, our legitimate interests, any statute of limitations under applicable law and guidelines issued by data protection authorities. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
We take steps to protect your information from authorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Please remember that you are responsible for keeping your account login details and password confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data that is transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your legal rights
Individuals have certain legal rights in relation to personal data. Further information is provided about these rights below:
- Right of access: you may request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Right of correction: you may request we correct, amend or delete any personal information we hold about you that is not accurate.
- Right of erasure: you may request we delete any personal information.
- Right to object: you may withdraw consent or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. You can do this by disabling cookies or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Right to transfer. You may have a right to obtain your personal information in an accessible format, so you can reuse it for other purposes with other providers.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority. The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal information, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
supplements and is in addition to any other notices we give, and is not intended to override them. It is important the information we hold about you is accurate. Please update us if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.